Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Taste Test


My husband is the strangest person ever.


Exhibit A) He loves candy & processed cookies, but will not eat homemade desserts.


Exhibit B) He likes the most disgusting kinds of candy/snack foods

like circus peanuts and Banana Moon Pies.


Exhibit C) He will do weird things like claim that brown M & M's taste different than the other colors and eat all the others leaving only the brown ones in the candy dish.


Each of these things perplexes and annoys me. Especially for someone who loves to bake homemade desserts! But finally the other night I had HAD IT with him not eating the brown

M & M's and leaving them in the candy dish because I hate to just throw them away and I don't want to eat them all myself just to get rid of them.


So, we did a little impromptu taste-test. I made Brian wear a blind-fold and he ate 1 colored M&M and 1 brown M& M. I told him that if he really could tell the difference in how the brown one tasted then I wouldn't bother him anymore.


Amazingly enough, he identified the brown M&M!


So now....any ideas about what to do with large amounts of rejected brown M&M's?

6 comments:

jackie said...

Just catching up on my favorite blogs and the one about brown M&M's hit home!! Julie swears the green ones are the best. I haven't tested her on it yet, but might try. Tristyn's birthday pictures are so cute. What a darling little girl you have!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ha, this is funny.

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Send them to LaPlace! I am an equal opportunity M&M eater.

Lindsey Brewer said...

You should put them into cookie batter instead of chocolate chips! I bet you he'll eat them burried in a processed cookie batter! ha! Cute post!

Mom said...

Give them to the disgusting cat next door!

Emily Raney said...

Don't knock the circus peanuts!! Those are tasty!