We have had a busy but good weekend. Most of mine has been spent in the kitchen baking and cleaning up with activities spread in between.
I made Linsdey's yummy bean dip (which is like 7 layer dip but baked!) for our Sunday School hayride/hangout at the Smith's tonight. It was really fun! All the kids and women went for a hayride while the guys rode 4-wheelers. Then we roasted hot dogs and s'mores around the campfire and had tons of other yummy food. Tristyn had fun playing with the other babies her age and getting cooed over by the elementary-age girls :)
Tomorrow morning, it is my day to bring breakfast for our class (it's not true Baptist church if you aren't eating!) so I'm bringing breakfast casserole, fresh apple cake, and pumpkin chocolate chip mini-muffins. I think it will all be good! We have a really big class so I wasn't sure how much food to make....hopefully everyone will show up- otherwise I will have LOTS of breakfast to bring home!
Just thought I'd share the recipe for the pumpkin muffins in case anyone is looking for a good recipe- plus it's from Cooking light so it's low-fat! :)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Whisk together 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup fat-free vanilla pudding, and 2 eggs.
Add in 1.5 cups flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda. Stir until moist.
Then stir in 1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips. Fill either 1 loaf pan, 12 regular muffin cups, or 24 mini muffins. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden.

3 comments:
The fresh apple cake looks yummy! Wish I'd been there to be your "taste-tester".
I with you had been here too! It turned out good! It's such a great recipe :)
I love the shout out!! Hope the dip came out well. I am going to make these pumpkin muffins, they look FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Post a Comment