Sunday, July 25, 2010

Provision

Remember this blog?

"And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. For it is the nations of the world that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you NEED them." - Luke 12:29-30

Nothing is a secret from God. Though I worried about getting a teaching job all summer, He provided for our needs!!!

I will be teaching 7th grade reading and English next year (meaning in like 1.5 weeks- yikes!) at a junior high in McComb! I am excited! And nervous :) And some moments scared out of my mind!

But most of all I am thankful.

The Lord definitely did not work in the way I expected Him to, and yet He provided!! I am constantly in awe of his infinite wisdom and kindness towards us in persisting to give us the things that we need. Yet we often sit and wring our hands and worry... when what we should be doing is trusting in Him.

I said all this past year that the odds were stacked against me- not from this town, bad economy with state budget cuts, and little teaching experience (ok....almost none :) I said that it would have to be "a God thing" if I was to get a job- so He must receive the praise, honor, credit, and glory that is due!

Now this week will be filled with workshops, curriculum mapping, getting my room ready, and job paperwork! Wooohoo!! Please continue to be in prayer that God will use me in this new position to teach students what they need to succeed and in the process be a light that shines Jesus.

5 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yay- Praise God! Let's talk today.

Lora said...

Now there are some FORTUNATE students in McComb. They are going to LOVE YOU!

Grammie said...

Saying a prayer of thanksgiving for the job, and also for a sense of calm as you prepare for opening day.

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Yay! I am so proud of you and so relieved that I am off the hook for being a bad friend who encouraged you to make a horrible career decision! 7th grade rocks! It will be so much fun to share tips and war stories! Get ready for your family to grow to include all your new "babies" when you meet your students!

Emily Raney said...

Yay!! Congratulations! This is really great news and I love how you give God all the glory!

You are going to do great with 7th grade! You are so good with Jr. High students! They are so lucky to have you!!