But right now, I am really in need of a job.
That's right folks. I quit my job in marketing to go back to school and become a teacher. Obviously since we moved in August/September, there were no jobs to be had for wannabe teachers. So I've been working as an assistant this year, getting experience and taking classes to get my certification.
However, in an interesting twist of circumstances the state of Mississippi has no money and has been cutting budgets and consequently teacher jobs.
I ALWAYS thought that when you were a teacher you would always be able to find a job! Wherever and whenever.
Turns out I was wrong.
In the last month or so, I have applied to eight schools, called 3 others, requested 18 transcripts for both undergrad and graduate work and I have written down at least 25 references. (please will you say nice things about me?)
But the prospects are looking dim. I have been thinking that if nothing comes up, I will try subbing in various schools and districts to try to get more experience and exposure. But even that thought is scary since I won't be guaranteed to work everyday....it will all be up to chance as far as who will ask me to come and how much I can get my name out. You'd think coming from someone who worked in full-commission sales this prospect wouldn't be scary! ha!
As Camille, so wonderfully reminded me today that "God is able to do far more than we can ask or imagine." He can provide for us and bear us up when things seem hard and when we wonder why our circumstances are the way they are. He will comfort us when we need comfort. He will encourage us when we need encouragement. He will provide!
It was really quite humbling to hear these wise words from her since she is in the midst of listing their house, caring for Henry, pregnant with their second baby and living states away from family. Let's just say she has a lot going on and a lot ways she trusts the Lord daily!
Surely I can also trust Him in this little job thing. So will you pray with me that God will provide the job that I need? That if it is His plan for me to sub next year that it will go smoothly and I will get asked often to make the amount of money we need to live? That this situation will help grow and increase my joy and trust in Him daily as I learn to trust more and more....
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

3 comments:
Oh Besty, I love you so much and I think that most of that wisdom was yours and not mine!!! You encourage me by being so honest and open and seeking God so genuinely!
You are in my prayers ML as you continue this journey into teaching. Hoping that things work out and you are teaching in the fall.
I had no idea this was going on! I blabbed on and on about myself yesterday without asking how you were doing. Please interrupt me next time! - LOF
Post a Comment