Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Dentist Visit

I had the bright of idea of introducing Tristyn to good dental hygiene at an early age. To be fair, they told me that since they are a Pediatric Dentist, they start seeing kids at 1. She's almost 2 right?

Here we are with Bear Bear (who of course had to come along) checking out the selection of books in the doctor's waiting area. The doctor's office was way cute and decorated with sea theme (hence the fish!)


Here we are brushing Bear Bear's teeth! Unfortunately Bear Bear was much more cooperative than Tristyn.



Watching the dental hygienist show us the chocolate fluoride and "Mr. Thirsty."


And the following is what happened when we moved on from brushing Bear Bear's teeth to Tristyn's teeth.





Not to worry! Here she is with daddy and her balloon. I think the doctor felt so sorry for her as a first-time patient that she gave her the balloon, about a billion stickers, a prize bag, and a toy from the toy chest! Can't decide if all this will make her want to visit the dentist ever again or not. Next installment in 6 months!

5 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Holy cow, you are brave. I think i'll wait until Henry is closer to 18 or so.

Emily Raney said...

You are so brave! I've yet to try this one with Cohen....it is on our list. Great idea bringing bear bear...I think Hugsy may have to come along with us.

Lora said...

POOR BABY!

Honey said...

Broke my heart!

Ethan Pew said...

OMG, she cried too much. =( I think she felt really awkward back then. Her dad must've felt so bad while recording that video. Anyway, the prizes are many, huh? It's a good strategy to make kids wanna come back again. Did the strategy work for Tristyn? A year has passed already. Hmm.