Monday, February 22, 2010

Progress

Since it finally feels like we no longer live in the frozen tundra of the North (I know you "true northerners" are laughing now!) we have had a chance to catch up on some projects OUTSIDE the house that we've been wanting to work on.

Saturday was a beautiful day and we all spent most of the day outside enjoying it. Project numero uno- THE SHED. Really I feel like this will be the Taj ma Hall of all sheds...Brian's man cave....the future home of all tools, lawn equipment, bikes (that sadly rarely get used) etc. Hopefully this will clear out the garage for other useful pursuits such as acquiring more moving vehicles for Tristyn :)

Here's Brian working with some help and Tbird watching.



Our second project- landscaping! Which really we had nothing to do with. We are so blessed that my uncle is a landscaper and came and did it ALL with his crew. Here's the view of our back deck. I think we will really enjoy this space in the coming spring and summer months!


And the front yard! This is not a great picture since clearly I didn't get all of the house in, but I was trying to keep Tristyn from running away while I snapped the pic- she has recently taken to running around the yard by herself and we are trying to teach her about boundaries. No easy feat for a 16 month old!


It feels nice to make progress on things and make our house feel more and more like "home" everyday. Much like our lives, we often want progress to happen right away when in reality we have to chip away at it day by day. I am forced to remember this thought in my own life, in my spiritual walk, and in my relationships with others. Even when timing doesn't make sense to us, God is in control and He knows that making progress bit by bit is the thing that grows us.

1 comment:

Grammie said...

The landscaping looks great! I'm very impressed with how the shed is progressing.