Every Monday and Tuesday night, Brian and Tbird have quality "daddy/daughter time" while I attend night classes at Mississippi College. Usually it works like this: I lay out a bib, spoon, some fruit etc. on the counter and fix both T & Brian a plate for supper in the fridge. Therefore, whatever is on the counter in the PILE is for T to eat that night. They play, go on wagon rides, take a bath, she goes to bed. Easy enough.
I usually get home after T has gone to bed, so Brian catches me up on the night. How she ate, played etc. Enter our conversation from last night:
I was in the kitchen cleaning a few things up and packing my lunch for the next day, when I looked in the fridge. "B- it's doesn't look like Tristyn ate much of her supper. Was she ok?"
"Yeah, she just had so much food to eat."
"What?"
"Well, she had the beans and rice, cornbread, a whole banana and the cookie, " he explains. "The cookie?" I ask.
"Yeah the one the pile."
"The cookie I brought home from school?"
"I don't know. It was on the counter by her stuff." he says nonchalantly.
"The double-chocolate chip cookie? (at this point I am picking up the empty cookie tin...) the cookie with 235 calories and 21g of sugar?????"
"uhmm...that could the the one."
At this point I am hysterically laughing and have tears in my eyes. "AT WHAT POINT did it not occur to you that I would not have you feed Tristyn an entire large gourmet cookie?"
To which my husband responds, "Hey, just be glad I didn't feed her the Doritos that were on the counter too."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Daddies!!!! Hilarious!!!
Let's just say you should be glad he feeds her. Whenever Lee is in charge they don't get fed. I come home to screaming children, say, "did you feed them dinner" and he responds, "uh no I forgot". This has happened on more than 10 occasions, no lie...
Ha! Boys are so oblivious!
Post a Comment