Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Firsts

We have been trying to soak up life as it is our last "official" week of summer and we will all start back to school next week! (Well, Brian's been working all summer, but hey- who's counting? :)

We took Tris to see her FIRST movie last week- Winnie the Pooh! It was a great choice and a really good movie. Mostly she did well, though as the parent of an almost 3-year-old, I thought there were waaaayyy too many previews before the actual movie and the M&M's I brought almost distracted her from the movie entirely :) Oh, well. Live and learn. But we will definitely be getting this one on DVD.


Then, We also got our FIRST haircut! I know, I know....she's almost three, but she really hasn't NEEDED it cut until now.

Here's our "before" pose!


Mrs. Jessica let her wear the butterfly gown :)


The cutting process: She did great! She was like a little pro at it. When Jessica told her to put her head down or do anything, she did it right away!


And...drumroll please, the after shot with daddy!


5 comments:

Lora said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL!

Honey said...

So adorable!

Grammie said...

Such a big girl!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I agree, she is beautiful...but is her hair shorter? I'M SORRY! DON'T HIT ME! It just looks the same length.

Marylou said...

yeah yeah...it's like one inch shorter in the back. But she's TWO! What did you expect? The tinkerbell pixie cut? :)