I'll admit, that I often worry about money and life and compare ourselves to others.
But then, I think that I am lucky to have a coffee tumbler on my list of wants instead of running water.

We so often fall asleep before finishing that quiet time we were going to do, but ended up watching tv instead....
And in America, education is a right rather than just a privilege.
And just last night, I stood and looked at my full freezer and agonized over what to cook for dinner.

Matthew 9:36 (New International Version)
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were
harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd
Did you know that my search for the word compassion found 88 results in the Bible?
Have you ever heard of Compassion International? Are you following the Compassion bloggers in Kenya right now? (by the way, photo credits to http://www.thisisreverb.com/)
Have you ever heard of Compassion International? Are you following the Compassion bloggers in Kenya right now? (by the way, photo credits to http://www.thisisreverb.com/)
Compassion's mission is to "release children from poverty in Jesus' name." But ironically enough, they also "release us from our wealth."
From our wants. From our pettiness. From our comparisons and self-indulgence, and our small worldview.
Release us....to be true brothers and sisters in Christ. To those who have less than we do

4 comments:
Thanks for expanding my definition of compassion and turning my focus on what God wants for us instead of what we want for ourselves.
I cried while reading this. Such a great post. Too often we forget how good we have it!
Very well said. Thank you for reminding me how blessed I am.
We have sponsored a "Compassion Child" for several years now. We just got a picture of him and I can't believe how he has grown. I love his letters---they are teaching him the "Truth" and we are blessed!
Post a Comment