We had a nice weekend but it went by like a blur! I am looking forward to Easter and having some (hopefully) more quiet time hanging out. One of our weekend festivities (at which I took 2 horrible pictures that I refuse to share) was Stella's 2nd birthday!! It was so fun and good to see all our Laplace friends. This is a cute picture of Tristyn and Cohen that I stole off Emily's blog. (check it out for a full account of the fun!)
Also, future note to self: Tristyn does not care for pony rides only fifteen minutes after waking up. She does, however, love birthday cake at any time of the day :)
T-bird and Cohen were looking at Stella's new pet- baby bird. That poor duck got chased from here to kingdom come by kids at the party all day. I'm sure that Baby Bird was exhausted from all the birthday party fun!
We had planned to make more of a day out of our LaPlace trip, but funny sleeping schedules for T kind of made it a "fly-in" trip. Oh well, at least Tristyn and I got to share Cane's for dinner on our way home! Daddy was jealous he missed all the fun (he had to stay home due to lots of work!)
Other weekend festivities included watching The Blindside and Harry Potter: The half-blood prince. We haven't rented movies in FOR-EVER and it was nice just to sit and relax and watch a movie. I LOVED the Blindside and sniffled throughout. It was such a funny picture of the South and also what truly loving others means. If you haven't seen it- you totally should!!
I also made my own version of this yummy pizza we had when we visited Ashley & Alan- it is chicken, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and mozzarella. yum!! I also made a plain pepperoni and some cheesy bread for B & T. I'm learning that in small towns, if they don't have it here you have to learn to make it! Maybe this will help expand my culinary repertoire :)
AND finally...after seeing Emily's on Saturday, I have decided that this is what I want for next Christmas (or birthday or whenever!) How cool! It's this handheld video camera by Kodak that allows you to shoot snippets as well as long portions of video (since T's not exactly school play age yet :) and can directly upload to the computer etc etc. Plus it's in HD! Cool huh? I am not usually impressed by technology but I liked this because it is small & compact and seems simple enough for me to use. Plus, it is less than 200 bones. So....fairly budget friendly too!
Maybe if I had this I would take videos and let Brian be in charge of taking the pics ;)



3 comments:
You are so funny!
Ok. I will e-mail you all the pictures that we took of Tristyn. I have a really cute one of the two of you just hanging out. I don't have any from her memorable pony ride, but from what I understand Scarlett took about 500 pictures, so she may have one to help you guys remember that event.
Also, the video camera is amazing! I love ours. It's super easy to use and small enough to fit in my back pocket.
In one of the pony pics T-bird does look not miserable, so I will email you what I have soon! Thanks so much for coming! I am so sorry we didn't have more time to visit! I guess that's what I get for ordering 100 invitations for a 2 year old birthday party!
Thanks for the pictures! we had SSOOOO much fun at Stella's party- even if we didn't get to play with Stella too much :) It was awesome Scarlett- can you be my party planner?
Post a Comment