Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolve

Just being honest...

This year I don't resolve to lose weight, or try to workout more, or even eat healthier. Sorry.

I want to make what I do count- whether it be a run, playing with Tristyn, a conversation with a friend, a chance to listen to Brian talk about his day, or hanging out with family.

I want to be enamored with God. I want to love His thoughts and ways, to devote my time and plans to Him, and to seek His truths more than I seek those of others. I want to not worry that my house isn't the cleanest, my dinners are the most elaborate, and all the laundry has been sitting in baskets for days and just be "Mary" this year...the one who would sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to what He had to say.

Quite fitting that it's called a "resolution" because now it takes RESOLVE to carry it out.

3 comments:

Jan (Grammie) said...

Amen! This is a resolution that we all need to strive for. Unfortunately, I end up acting more like Martha.

Mom (Honey) said...

We should all strive to make our resolutions more God-centered instead of self-centered.
I just finished reading a book whose theme was "Know God & tell others about Him". Truly a resolution for our life, not just for the year; more of a "purpose" for our lives.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Good Resolutions and I feel like you are already triumphing in those areas!