
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzlingThis is the month when I spend more at Wal-Mart than I do in three months combined. Buying gifts, preparing food, participating in 10 more $10 gift exchanges....
and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags.
It came without packages, boxes, or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled till his
puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What is
Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps,
means a little bit more. - Dr. Seuss
First of all, I wish that every organization that did gift exchanges would take the $5, $10, $15 that I would have spent on a crappy gift and give it to a child in need.
This, year will we make Christmas about presents and finding that perfect gift and stressing out about the money that we don't have to buys gifts with?
Or can we make it more?
I am always a bit disappointed when Christmas is over in a rush of frenzied gift giving and traveling without that quiet moment of reflection over its meaning. I'm hoping that this year with a little less money to spend and a little more vacation time on my hands, that my time will be spent reflecting on the real meaning of Christmas.
The hope of a savior born in a manger...
Time spent with our families...
A promise to a world wrapped up in sin....
More than the usual.

1 comment:
THat is the one thing that excites me about staying here for Christmas with just the three of us...slow holidays...time to celebrate Jesus.
Post a Comment