Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We're Baaaaaack!

Whew. We're finally back from D.C. vacation. It was fun and cool to see all the sights, but I think by the end we were all ready to be back home. I'm kind of a "homebody." I must confess. Even though I did like that there were no fewer than 3 Starbucks between our hotel and our Metro station.

Please stay tuned for forthcoming blogs about our daily excursions.

But for now, it is "laundry-in/laundry out" because I am doing something I haven't ever done before in 9 months (well technically 18 months if you count pregnancy)

Leaving Tristyn!

What?! Am I crazy? You see, one of my good friends from work who moved back to her home state of Kentucky is getting married this weekend. I am taking a girls trip up for the wedding. I wanted Brian to come originally but it didn't work out. Then, some girls from the office decided to come too. So...girls trip.

Honey & Brian are going to "hold down the fort" as far as t-bird is concerned. I am going to pump a lot and be sad to be away from my baby. The longest I've been away from her is for the work day. This time, I'll be gone from Friday morning until Sunday lunch.

On the other hand, I am so looking forward to seeing sweet Laura get married! She will be gorgeous I know. Her hubby-to-be is in the "horse business" (doesn't that just SOUND cool?) so their rehearsal dinner will be at the Keeneland racetrack. I also think she has a super yummy girly lunch planned for us on Saturday. AND she is having cupcakes at her wedding. Can it get better than that?

So...any suggestions on how to handle this? And please don't post that I'm a horrible mother. As my mom always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Gasp! I'm horrified!

It'll be great, the weekend will fly by and you'll have a blast!