FRIDAY - Tristyn had her 9 month Dr's appt and all checked out well. Thankfully we didn't have to get shots! :) Dr. Jackson gave us some helpful tips on sleeping habits which we are trying HARD to implement in order to end our "nighttime issues."
We came out of the Dr's office only to discover that my car had a flat- courtesy of the streets uptown New Orleans. (thankyaverymuch.) So we made it down to a tire place (after a few tries and a little air stop) and we were able to leave to get it fixed. (thank you Lord!)
Friday night, our friends Emily & Jace had invited us to dinner at one of their favorite restaurants- Dante's Kitchen. I think it will be one of our new favorites too! Brian and I split the BBQ shrimp for the appetizer and they also bring this wonderful "spoon bread" (a sweet kind of cornbread w/ honey-butter melting on top) to your table. Brian had the Trois Mignon's- 3 filets of steak covered with different types of sauces-all resting on mashed potatoes. I had the pork loin- an amazing grilled pork chop on a goat cheese grits cake with shredded pork & tomato and a peach, grilled onion and sprout salad. yum. yum. double yum. I could have rolled out the door! Oh- and lest I forget the Barq's root beer sweet potatoes. Brian was in heaven- his two favorite things!
Here's Dante's kitchen- a cute little House off of River Road.

But as good as the food was, the company was great! It's been awhile since we've been out without Tristyn and we enjoyed just getting to hang out with Emily and Jace and talk. They have been awesome friends to us during our time here and are just fun people in general to be around. Also, ironically enough Emily and I grew up not to far from each other (Ruston & Farmerville!) but had never met before we moved here. You can read more about them on their blog http://justanotherraneyday.blogspot.com/
SATURDAY- If you're not related to us and you're still reading- congrats :)
Tristyn and I headed out Saturday morning to meet another friend - Alicia. (of "Bud & Alicia.") to shop! Brian and her husband Bud always do fun "guy stuff, " so Alicia and I decided we should get together and do girl stuff! Of course shopping was involved :) We went to the outlet mall in Gonzales and hit up Gap, Ann Taylor, Carter's, Old Navy, and Nine West. If Tristyn hadn't been so tired and hungry I might have been tempted to go to Gymboree outlet and the Strasburg outlet. Good thing it was time for lunch...I might have gotten in trouble!!
That night we walked one street over for one of our youth group's birthdays- Dylan. His mom & sister babysit for Tristyn and we love their family! It was a blast. They had hamburgers in their backyard AND a dunking booth. Brian was so antagonistic and "got" quite a few people, so they made him go back home and put HIS swimsuit on! Needless to say quite a few students lined up to dunk him.
SUNDAY- Tonight Brian's family came over to celebrate his b-day a little early since we'll actually be in D.C on his big day. We had lots of fun playing the Wii, attempting to get Tristyn to nap, and throwing the ball in the backyard. Grammie also brought Tristyn some great outfits and hats (yes, we all have fair skin) to wear on our trip.
We went to New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood- one of our favorite LaPlace spots to eat and had cookie cake afterwards. We missed you Erin! :) I'll leave you with some pics of our night...

5 comments:
I have never heard of this Dante's Kitchen Place, but it sounds delightful. Apparently the Raney's have been holding out on me...
Oh wow. I feel so honored! Not only did you mention me and Jace in your blog...but you also posted a link to my blog!
We had such a great time on Friday night!
Scarlett...Jace and I will have to treat you and Damon to the tasty food at Dante's Kitchen. We love it!!
Mary Lou-A Blogger! Great!
Wow...thorough! Care to detail your b.m.'s?
joke. love you
Cam- I can let you know about those too if you'd like. Just wait for the next post!
Post a Comment