Yes...we're still alive and kicking. I can't even bring myself to write "kickin'" because now being an English teacher has forced me to confront all grammatical errors outright in additional to taking away my other fun as well :)
But I digress.
In some weird, unexplainable way, I love what I am doing now! I am always one of those people who is "up for a challenge," and believe me- this is it. Teaching is really the hardest job I have ever had and if you don't thank your kids' teachers and those who give their time and effort in your community to pour into the lives of kids, seriously- go. do it. today. SERIOUSLY.
There is so much time and prep that goes into just one lesson to make sure that you are not only covering the competencies that need to be covered but that it is fun and interesting, it differentiates learning styles for the different needs, fits into the specified time frame, won't cause your principal to fire you, and doesn't involve obscene rap lyrics.
Whew. :)
I am slowly but surely chipping away at the other facets of life such as email, laundry, and caring for my dying plants on the patio, so bare with me. These weeks and months will be a lot about school!
One thing I am really struggling with right now is just the busyness of life. I feel as though I don't have time for one extra thing and that causes my relationship with the Lord to suffer. Before school started I was doing pretty well....having a daily quiet time, memorizing scripture, and regularly praying. Now I just feel like I'm in survival mode. I also make the mistake of telling myself that when I do have a free moment that I should take "me" time to watch tv or play Word With Friends (dumb game) instead of running to the Word for strength! I know it is all just a matter of priorities and someone waking up at 5:15am could just as easily wake up 5 minutes earlier, but oh geeez...that is NOT what my brain tells me when the alarm goes off!
So right now I am praying for God to work in spite of me and to carve out time for me to seek Him. In what other source is TRUE LIFE and peace and rest and freedom found!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad to hear that you are beginning to feel a sense of "calling" to teaching. It is hard to sense when you feel buried alive in the paperwork and state guidelines. But, it is so rewarding to see the light go on on the faces of some (not all) of your students. I know you give maximum effort to everything you do and that teaching will be no different.
Post a Comment