Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The B-I-B-L-E

At the Oswalt household, we believe that discipleship starts early. Bible study is not for the faint of heart, but it CAN be for everyone. We think that taking the bible seriously early on can lead to great things in the lives of those to make the choice to follow its teachings.




Therefore, it's never too early to begin to encourage your child to read their Bible! (plus it builds good literacy skills-eh?)

But really, what we believe is the key to success in this endeavor....reading your bible while wrestling your alligator.



Folks, we just cannot make the stuff this kid does up. Who knew the alligator and bible fixation would occur in the same week??



Disclaimer: no alligators were harmed in the making of these story. Bibles, however, are being harmed. This kid insists on taking her bible to bed with her every night and if we by some chance "forget" it, then she yells out over the monitor, "momee, dadeeee.....bible!"

On a side note: it is a small King James version and she will also open it and "read." I also wish we could claim discipleship as the cause of this fixation...but who knows?!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That's really cute....at least she's not tearing the pages out? (Henry has torn a couple of my Bible pages...I like to believe it's overenthusiasm for God's word)

Uncle said...

Can't wait to see my little girl this weekend. I've got some great Bible commentaries that I am excited to share with her. My favorite is Jimmy Swaggart's. She'll come home a new person, I promise!