Friday, April 9, 2010

The longest post ever- Easter weekend

I promised, and pledge to deliver: the longest post ever about Easter.

My parents came in Thursday night and seriously we spent most of the weekend outside. The weather was so great!

While Brian and my dad worked on the shed - the eternal project, mom and I fooled around with the flowers, patio plants etc. I will have to take some more pictures but everything looks great right now! Aside from the pollen caking every surface that will stand still, the beds look great, mom brought me new herbs for my pots, we have fresh ferns on the balcony, and I just have a few more containers to fill to make our deck look fabulouso. :) I love Spring!

Saturday we headed down to Hammond to see some family and friends and also celebrate Papaw's birthday. Here's Tristyn doing her part to "lick" his card closed.




If you have a large party of people with kids- take this one recommendation. Sit outside! It was awesome weather, and made it so nice for the kids to get to run around and play. Here are the cousins (minus 4-month-old Corinne)

Ok, I know I'm biased but aren't they cute!? For once, I was so proud of myself that I actually had my camera on hand AND took pictures. A step in the right direction....


And the grandkids (minus poor 3rd child Corinne again, who was eating at the time) & Papaw. And carrot cake made by yours truly. I think it tasted good but lacked some in the appearance and form categories :)


Here's our attempt to take family Easter pictures. Of course this was after church since we can never all get up, get ready, and get to church all at the same time. To be fair, when your husband is in the ministry he has to be there unreasonably early.

Probably the reason that Tristyn was not interested in aforementioned Easter picture- the neighbor's cat.


Please excuse kitty's bottom, but I loved this picture of her pretty dress sitting in the grass!

Later, after a yummy lunch and a good nap for Tbird we had our own mini egg hunt. After a snack of course (please note pink snack bowl still in hand.)
Here she's perfecting her Easter egg "throw"


We had put puffs and yogurt melts inside the eggs, and when she first discovered this she looked at us like, "Mom, I don't think I should eat something I found OUTSIDE!?" But then of course she got over it and gobbled them all up. The end.


T's easter basket also contained some fun items like sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and some lawn care equipment. Perfect for our summer days! Here, I'm showing Tristyn just how serious and detailed sidewalk chalking can be.


"Hey! Enough pictures already!"


And Tristyn trying out her trusty rake. I can see lots of summer yard work in our future!

1 comment:

Grammie said...

I really enjoyed the Easter blog and all of the pictures. I can't wait to see your yard.