After all, what's not to love? Instead of a bun you use two fried chicken breasts as the outside and put two kinds of cheese, bacon, and mayo in the middle. I'm not totally sure what KFC's deal is with coming out with random food creations (anyone remember the mashed potato bowls a while back? ) but I will not be splurging for one of these anytime soon.

Personally, I'd rather waste my calories on these cinnamon rolls from Pioneer Woman!! ha!

Bakerella blogged about these this week and when both of those bloggers make a food, that automatically sends it into "must try" mode for me. So, I'm hoping to get to make them this weekend. I have disastrous luck with getting bread dough to rise though, so we'll see.
In other news, we have another busy weekend. Not that I'm complaining. It is all fun stuff....just a busy time of year! I signed up for Beth Moore's simulcast of her new book So Long Insecurity at our church and Brian also has a county-wide youth conference this weekend. Phew!

I am totally looking forward to Beth Moore and think it will be awesome. My mom is coming to watch T since our conferences are both all day Saturday and no child-care is provided at the church. Plus, Trissy spends all week at the church for school every day so I hate for her to spend all weekend there too! Such is the life of a minister's kid...she probably thinks she lives there anyway poor baby!!
I am so thankful for Tristyn to have grandparents who are close enough to help us out and watch T and of course SHE LOVES IT! She got to spend last weekend with Grammie & Papaw (B's parents) going to her big cousin's t-ball games, the zoo, and having an ICEE. I didn't think she was going to want to come home with us :) When she goes to my parents house, she can convince honey and papa to spend hours outside looking at the cows and Blue (their dog.) So while it is hard for us to be in ministry and have events where we must be away from her, I always realize that we are super blessed to have such awesome family to help us take care of her.
Finally, Happy Birthday Henry!! I love this kid's mom and soooo wish I could be there to crash his party tomorrow. And watch him smash cake into his face. That is totally the best part of any one-year-old birthday party! But most of all, I'm still on the campaign trail to bring them back south. To the land of fried food....and gravy. Probably the place that invented the double-down :)

No comments:
Post a Comment