Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend pack-up

So we're "back in the saddle again"....meaning back from a crazy weekend of packing our house, bridal showers, baking an insane amount of cookies, and did I mention packing??

Our 6am wake-up call came a little too early this morning! But the good news is that we are hopefully another week closer to being in our new house. woo hoo!

We went to Laplace this weekend accompanied by Honey & Papa who are now officially gluttons for punishment. I wouldn't be surprised if after a long weekend of me being sick at their house and then another long weekend of packing and cleaning at ours- they never called us again. Except of course to speak to Tristyn :)

Seriously- we couldn't have gotten half the stuff done we did without them! We have maybe a few hours left worth of work that we are going to finish up this coming weekend and then we will be ready for the movers to come anytime (read- soon please!!)

I also helped to throw a bridal shower for our friends Lindsay & David. Brian is officiating their wedding and it will be his first! They are awesome even though they picked the LSU v. Florida game day as their wedding date.

Maybe once I have all my "resources" available again and not in boxes, I'll be able to share some of mine- Emily & I were in charge of decorations and had lots of fun scheming up flower and color designs which included navy ribbon, apples, limes and white roses!

It was really fun and good to see lots of LaPlace friends. I did a pretty bad job of taking pictures but go on over to my friend Scarlett's blog- www.astreetcarnamedstella.blogspot.com or I'm also hoping some other people who took insane amounts of pictures will send me a few (hint hint! ;)

We are going this afternoon to pick out a refrigerator and look at some mailboxes- hopefully things that will bring us another step closer to being settled. And someday- box free.

PS. in other weekend news, Tristyn is still managing to develop in spite of our craziness. She took her FIRST wobbly steps this weekend! Just 2-3 until she realized what she was doing and promptly sat down....but this girl is on the path to walking yet!

3 comments:

Lora said...

I take it that everyone else avoided the flu. THANK GOODNESS!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I can't believe she's walking! Wow! Let's quit this phone tag, mk?

Emily Raney said...

You will have to get David to send you some of the hundreds of pictures I took of Tristyn...of course you may want to give him a month or so to go through the hundreds of pictures I took during the shower. He probably won't ask me to take pictures for him again :)

I had such a great time on Saturday. We miss you guys!