So as I posted previously, I am in this thing for posterity and am therefore trying to catch up on blogging some important events. One such event: my oldest daughter's 3rd birthday. Important, eh?!
I already showed you ridiculous cake earlier. I am realizing that my desire to throw birthday parties and my capacity to do so are very different. Therefore, scaled-back, family-only birthday parties may become the norm at our house. I am still praying and thinking over that one. Maybe it's just a mind-set too?
Trissy has fallen desperately in love with princess anything, so I decided "why not?" Here's our table set up. The party was at 10 or 11 (should post the invite that my super-talented sister in law did!) so we had breakfast type foods. I was also able to use the banner that I made Tristyn for her FIRST birthday!
We had "Make it pink!" lemonade (sleeping beauty)
Princess sugar cookies
True love's "kisses"
Fairy Godmother "wands" (Cinderella)
Snow White's apple dip (just turn your neck a bit :)
And of course, "Magic Brew" Which after staying up late getting the party ready,
mommy desperately needed.
The table (notice birthday girl in background :)
Our "slay the dragon" pinata. * note- if you ever want to keep 3 years olds busy for a long time, buy em' a pinata. It'll take hours. Finally Brian just had to put the thing out of its misery.
We had a bin of balls to play with as well as a jumpy that our friends own and had lent us. Super fun!!
The "Create a Crown" table. They could stick jewels, fuzzies, stickers, etc on thier crown. We had also used sticky foam letters to put their name on their crown. Are you getting why I'm saying over-the-top here??
The birthday girl enjoying making her crown.
We also had one of our students from church come dress like a princess and read a story to the kids. She was awesome and even stayed to hang out with all the kiddos. We love you Miss Marisa!
The birthday girl with Princess Marisa and some of our friends.
All in all, it was a great party and I think the birthday girl had lots of fun. On my part, however, it was a little much after going back to work the week before and having a 3 month old new baby.
Live and learn I suppose :)
BIrthdays aren't just parties around our house either...we always have a birthday candle to blow out in our breakfast. (here, cinnamon toast)
And we measure each year on our growth chart to see how tall we've gotten!!
Trissy's teacher also did some fun plaster handprints around this time that we took pictures of to remember how big our hands were at age 3.
Trissy also got to take a treat to school for her birthday (she chose to make chocolate cupcakes with strawberry icing- whew!) and her classmates all colored her this huge sign!! Imagine a bunch of three-year-olds on the floor coloring this and how funny it must have been! Tris felt very loved on her third birthday and it's hard to believe that #4 is right around the corner. We love you trissy!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment