Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pool Party

I've officially stopped checking the weather forecast now. It's just plain hot.

Hot enough that Trissy & I finally got Brian to blow up her little pool and had backyard pool party!

A waterhose is a fascinating invention....


Love this kid.

And in keeping with our "pool party" theme for the day...here's a cake I made for a joint birthday party at the pool! Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures at the actual party but we all had a blast.



And up close version of the birthday boy and girl! Only my second time to make fondant figures, and I was pleased with how they turned out. Now I just wish I could get some sort of magic formula for making my cakes smooth! The humidity killed me on these. :)








4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Nice cake! You are so talented.

Honey said...

The cake is adorable. You did great with the fondant figures. I especially liked the REAL KID in the pool. What a fun time!
Honey

Lora said...

YOU BLOW ME AWAY!!!!Not fair that you got ALL the talent!

kate said...

your cakes seriously amaze me. i need to know how to make people! wish we had seen you a few weeks ago! :)